Hello, My name is Christina Nixon Cole, and I torch my art.

I'm a glass, micromosaic and silver jewelry artist. Welcome!

Facebook - Yelp - YouTube - Etsy

Monday, April 12, 2010

Teaching Girl Scouts


Today was my second workshop with the Girl Scouts. Boy was it fun. I love kids and beads, so life doesn't get much better than that. Well, maybe if you add chocolate.

I gave a Q&A presentation, showed my jewelry, and let them pick out a focal bead, seed beads, and cut the string to size. I assisted in crimping the clasp on and gave minimal guidance as they did a great job on their own.

I had them pose with their finished pieces.



At the end of class I handed out diplomas for the girls to fill out. It encouraged them to learn what kind of beads they were using, the tools and supplies they needed, and the colors they used.

No comments: