Hello, My name is Christina Nixon Cole, and I torch my art.

I'm a glass, micromosaic and silver jewelry artist. Welcome!

Facebook - Yelp - YouTube - Etsy

Friday, March 12, 2010

Protecting Yourself- Liability


In furthering my career in glass, I have been working on a number of aspects regarding safety for my students and customers, liability protection, and in particular for this blog entry, incident reports.

While searching for liability insurance, the insurance agent suggested having an incident report - just for extra measure. And also take photos immediately even if you can not see the burn, or the cut is too small, or if their ankle does not look sprained from a fall. One never knows if that burn will blister, the cut get infected, or the sprain is a break. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst???




In a recent google search under "incident report", I found a number of pdf and doc files that I downloaded and compiled into my very own document for my own use. I would like to share my efforts for anyone who may think they could use it.

***** I am not a Doctor, Lawyer, or anything of the sort, so I release any responsibility or liability from sharing this form with the public. I strongly urge you to do further research and consult with an Attorney or your insurance provider to ensure you are protecting yourself correctly. Make any necessary changes to your document. You are taking the provided document at your own risk. By downloading this document, you automatically agree to assume all responsibilities deriving from your use of this document. (Hey, maybe it is overboard, better safe than sorry.)

Also, If you have any comments, critiques, suggestions, or concerns, and especially any compliments, please feel free to comment or email me. TorchedArt@gmail.com

****Incident Report File****

No comments: