Hello, My name is Christina Nixon Cole, and I torch my art.

I'm a glass, micromosaic and silver jewelry artist. Welcome!

Facebook - Yelp - YouTube - Etsy

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My beaded wedding hair


I got married in August on the beach with a group of 100 family and friends. It was very casual, in fact, I forgot to even put on make-up. However the highlight of my wedding attire was my boquet and the beaded necklace my dear friend, and fellow beadmaker, Kim Osibin made for me.

This necklace was intended to be worn as a necklace, and I suppose it took some getting used to the idea that I decided to put it on my head. After all, the amount of work, time, money, and love Kim put into it, and I put it on my head? Sorry Kim, but I LOVED it. I wasn't going to wear a veil, so this worked perfectly.
Catering to the beach theme, Kim created this dazzling composition of beads of aquas and blues. From beads made by herself and other lampwork artists, as well as Hill Tribe silver, and carved Polynesian nude figures to represent the Bride and Groom.
She sent it to me before the wedding in a beautiful blue box. As I opened it, my breath was swept away. It now has a spot on our bedroom wall in a glass shadow box.

You can see more images of her work on her facebook page.

1 comment:

EmbellishYourself said...

That is so gorgeous and I think the way you wore it is a wonderful idea. When I got married, I didn't want a veil either and at that time I didn't make beads but if I did I sure would have loved something like this!