Hello, My name is Christina Nixon Cole, and I torch my art.

I'm a glass, micromosaic and silver jewelry artist. Welcome!

Facebook - Yelp - YouTube - Etsy

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Plant Angel


You know when you put a valid effort into something, and in the end it still doesn't work out? Well, this is what happened to a Angel Goddess Bead I made recently. She cracked! Of course, not the best goddess I've ever made, but someone would have loved her.
I never throw out my beads. In fact, I still have the very first beads I made from my very first class back in 1996. At this point, I have a few big jars of beads that are either cracked, wonky, ugly, or don't belong on the table to sell. They remind me of how much I have improved on some of the techniques I was trying to master. They do however have their special spot in my glass display cabinet so they can easily be seen by friends and students.
A friend recently pulled some out for a project I was working on. How silly of me to be protective of them, "they are not to be sold" I said. "These are part of my history, and besides, they're crap". She thought they were beautiful, how nice.
Anyhow, I have an Angel placed in my suculent flower pot to grace my studio and watch me and my friends create. At least this one isn't going into the jar.

No comments: