Hello, My name is Christina Nixon Cole, and I torch my art.

I'm a glass, micromosaic and silver jewelry artist. Welcome!

Facebook - Yelp - YouTube - Etsy

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Cigar boxes and their potential



A few years ago my friend, Melody gave me some cigar boxes that her old boss had given her. I have kept my limited supply of enamels on the square one, some necklace components in another, and the third, well, I'd rather leave that one for your imagination.

I have been in love with them. They are so beautiful. I love the shapes, size, smell, all the different designs, and most of all their potential. My recent inspiration to get some more was a mixture of seeing them in the Bouncing Bead Shop, online, and at the Velvet Box's home(see older blog post).

I called a local cigar shop and got them dirt cheep. So I cleaned them up, and turned a few into display boxes complete with mirrors, and fabric on the bottom. Of course, that's not all I want to do with these boxes. I want to make purses, and bead display boxes too. I have some ideas for handles, but you'll have to wait and see.

No comments: